Responding to Changing Hospital Needs
Vassar Brothers Medical Center is a 365-bed facility that has been serving New York’s Mid-Hudson Valley since 1887. Built to meet increased patient demand, the project created a new four-story, 100,000-SF Ambulatory Surgery Center and a free-standing 5,000-SF cafeteria building that services the entire Medical Center.
The project team maintained an aggressive schedule while responding quickly to changing hospital needs within an active, occupied campus.
New medical services and support areas include an ambulatory surgery center, endoscopy suite, patient waiting rooms, and offices. A stand-alone, 5,000-SF cafeteria/retail building serves the entire Medical Center, while the existing cafeteria was converted into additional patient room space.