Dining Hall Renovation to Accommodate Influx of New Students
With the new nearby residence hall built to house close to 765 students, renovations to the Israel Putnam Refectory were desperately needed. Its original layout seated only 300 people, not nearly sufficient for the influx of new students. The comprehensive renovation of this dining facility was designed to accommodate 700 students and completed for in time for the 2016-17 school year.
Project highlights include:
- Full renovation of the servery and seating area on the upper floor
- Conversion of lower level into an additional level of seating and servery
- A newly-designed monumental open stair that connects upper- and lower-level seating areas
- New rooftop mechanical and kitchen equipment condensing units
- New servery-related food service equipment, serving lines, beverage stations, condiment stations, and serving counters